Ohio Ready to Read Kits for Libraries
Did you know you can borrow a resource-packed Ohio Ready to Read kit for free? Each kit has everything you need to present a Ready to Read workshop in your library or community. No more scrambling to collect books, toys, CDs, and flannels from your library collection or personal stash, or to make materials from scratch!
The ORTR kits are available for free loan to any Ohio public library staff member for early literacy support. Use them in your workshops, programming, parent education, staff meetings, or to demonstrate early literacy concepts anywhere in your community. Each kit includes the Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® training kit (binder), which provides suggested scripts and activities that correlate with the other items in the kit. As of August 2011, each kit also includes the new 2nd edition ECRR manual (binder) and sample brochures and bookmarks.
To reserve a kit to be sent to your library, simply use this link to email ORTR Training Coordinator Natalie Fields and submit your answers to the questions included in the email message.
After submitting your request, please print out the ORTR kit confirmation page for your reference. Thank you!
Three kits are available. Each kit contains:
- 1 easel
- 3 boxes of flashcards - Letters, Spanish Letters, Spanish Everyday Words
- 1 folder of flannel nursery rhymes
- 2 bags of magnetic letters (upper and lowercase)
- 2 puppets
- 1 drum head and 1 drum stick
- 6 board books
- 3-4 paperback books
- 1 big book
- 2-3 CDs
- 1 Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® 2nd edition manual (binder)
- 1 Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® 1st edition training kit (binder)
- 3 packs of original ECRR brochures (early talkers, talkers, pre-readers; Red, Blue, Green)
- 1 pack of ECRR 2nd edition brochures
- 1 pack of ECRR 2nd edition bookmarks
The specific contents (book titles, etc.) vary from kit to kit. Here is an inventory of each kit (Microsoft Word doc). Click on the photos above to see the contents of each kit. Please note that the photos do not show the ECRR 2nd edition materials. You may request a specific kit. If the specified kit requested is unavailable, another will be substituted so that you will have access to a kit on your program date.