Ohio public library staff members are eligible to borrow a resource-packed Ohio Ready to Read kit for free. Each kit has everything you need to present a Ready to Read workshop in your library or community. No more scrambling to collect books, toys, CDs, and flannels from your library collection or personal stash, or to make materials from scratch!
The ORTR kits are available for free loan to Ohio public libraries for early literacy support. Use them in your workshops, programming, parent education, staff meetings, or to demonstrate early literacy concepts anywhere in your community. Each kit includes both the 1st and 2nd editions of the Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® (ECRR) toolkit, a variety of books and other materials, and sample ECRR brochures and bookmarks.
Complete the Ohio Ready to Read Kit Request Form to reserve a kit to be sent to your library.
Please note that the kits may only be shipped via Priority Express. If your library does not participate in statewide delivery, please contact ORTR to discuss options.
Three kits are available. Each kit contains:
- 1 easel
- 3 boxes of flashcards - Letters, Spanish Letters, Spanish Everyday Words
- 1 folder of flannel nursery rhymes
- 2 bags of magnetic letters (upper and lowercase)
- 2 puppets
- 1 drum head and 1 drum stick
- 6 board books
- 3-4 paperback books
- 1 big book
- 2-3 CDs
- 1 Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® 2nd edition manual (not shown in photo)
- 1 Every Child Ready To Read® @ Your Library® 1st edition training kit
- 3 packs of original ECRR brochures (early talkers, talkers, pre-readers)
- 1 pack of ECRR 2nd edition brochures (not shown in photo)
- 1 pack of ECRR 2nd edition bookmarks (not shown in photo)
The specific contents (book titles, etc.) vary from kit to kit. You may review the inventory of Kit #1, Kit #2, and Kit #3 and request a specific kit if you prefer. If the specified kit requested is unavailable, another will be substituted so that you will have access to a kit on your program date.